A game of predictions
BaccaratSkip to home page content
The object of Mini-Baccarat is to try and predict which of the two hands (player or banker) will have a point total closest to 9—the highest value for a hand.
The highest hand in Mini-Baccarat is 9 and the lowest is 0.
Tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings are counted as zero; an Ace counts as one; and all other cards count as their face value.
When totalling the cards on each hand, only the last digit is used to determine the hand’s value. For example:
There are three possible outcomes on which you can wager before cards are dealt: the Player’s hand, the Banker’s hand or the tie. In Mini-Baccarat, players don’t touch or receive cards. Instead, cards are dealt face-up in front of the dealer: two to the Banker’s hand and two to the Player’s hand. The hand with a point value closest to 9 wins.
Third Card Rule
Based on the individual point totals of the Player’s hand and the Banker’s hand, a third card may be dealt.
- When the first two cards of the Player’s hand or Banker’s hand total 8 or 9, neither hand receives a third card.
- When the first two cards of the Player’s hand total 6 or more, the Player’s hand does not get a third card.
- When the first two cards of the Player’s hand total 0-5, the Player’s hand gets a third card.
- The Banker’s hand plays under the same rules as the Player’s hand except when both the Banker’s hand cards total 3, 4, 5 or 6 and when the Player’s hand take a third card.
- In that event these rules apply:
A variation of Baccarat, the object of the game and how it’s played are the same.
EZ Baccarat is different from Mini-Baccarat in that:
- There are no commissions taken on winning Banker wagers.
- If the Banker’s hand is a winning three-card hand totaling 7, the hand is called a Dragon-7.
- Winning wagers on the Dragon-7 bet pay 40-1.
- Winning Banker wagers on a Dragon-7 are a push (tie)
- If the Player’s hand is a winning three card hand totaling 8, the hand is called a Panda-8.
- Winning wagers on the Panda-8 bet pay 25-1.
- Winning Player wagers on a Panda-8 are paid even money.
A variation of Baccarat, the object of the game and how it’s played are the same. The only difference is that the players are permitted to touch or squeeze the cards.
- The Players that have the highest ‘Player’ and ‘Banker’ wagers, before the initial deal, will be given the option to touch or hold the respective cards.
- Players may ‘squeeze’ the cards, but are not permitted to ‘crumple’ or ‘rip’ the cards.
- The hands are played according to the Third Card Rule and Paytable outlined in Mini-Baccarat.
House edge is a calculation used by gambling service providers to ensure the house always ends up making money. House edge is a mathematical advantage in games, usually given as a percentage that represents the average amount of all wagers a player will lose over the long term.
Contact GameSense today with any questions or concerns.
Interactive games that will help you up your GameSense.